Destin–Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS)
We have an agreement with Destin–Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS). This agreement provides our partners and riders with clear instructions on how to make pickups at VPS as seamless as possible. Please read below for more information.
Uber decal required
The Uber decal ("trade dress") must always be displayed in your windshield.
Uber will not reimburse you if you are ticketed for not displaying your decal on airport property.
HOW WILL REQUESTS WORK?
You must wait in the Cell Phone Waiting Area to receive ride requests. There are two spots in the Cell Phone Waiting Area for Uber partners. A first-in, first-out (FIFO) queue for airport pickups has been established. When you enter the Cell Phone Waiting Area, you will be placed in a virtual queue. When a rider requests a trip from the airport, the request will go to the vehicle within that area that has been waiting the longest, rather than the vehicle that is closest to the terminal.
Example: If you’re the second partner to enter the area, you’ll be the second to receive a trip request. If you're the fifth to enter the area, you’ll be the fifth to receive a trip request.
Pro Tip: You will lose your place in line if you cancel a trip on a rider, go offline, shut down your Uber app, switch vehicles, or leave the airport area. You will not lose your place in line if a rider cancels on you or if you drive around within the FIFO boundaries.
HOW WILL PICKUPS WORK?
A dedicated pickup location has been established. Riders will be directed to the TNC Pickup Area at the beginning of the terminal to make pickups quick and easy. Please note that idling curbside for long periods of time before or after the pickup is not permitted.
OTHER AIRPORT RULES PERTAINING TO UBER PARTNERS:
- Drivers may remain on the airport property only so long as necessary to discharge or pick up passengers.
- Drivers may not solicit for passengers on Airport property.
- Drivers must remain with or adjacent to their vehicles and may assist passengers with luggage.
- Drivers shall be courteous, refrain from swearing or loud and boisterous conduct, and shall operate their vehicles in a safe and lawful manner.
- Drivers must maintain a clean and neat appearance.